Housing is a critical component to our communities as it can define our neighborhoods, attract employment and has an impact on our natural, community and civic resources.
The Workforce Housing Council (WHC) is a statewide organization that promotes ways to increase and diversify the supply of housing so employers will view our state as an attractive place to live and work.
New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority:
- Progress in Workforce Housing - A Report on Implementation of the New Hampshire Workforce Housing Law
- 2010 Workforce Housing Purchase and Rent Limits
- New Hampshire's Workforce Housing Law (September 2009) This presentation, by the Central NH Regional Planning Commission, educates about New Hampshire's Workforce Housing Law. It outlines the NH housing programs and RSA regulations for growth management, local housing commissions, and workforce housing. Restrictions, zoning, process and appeals regarding workforce housing are also detailed.
- New Hampshire Rental Housing Market Update (June 2010) This document summarizes the current rental market. It uses the analysis of graphs of rental cost and vacancy rate to demonstrate.
- Housing and Demographic Data This webpage provides links to New Hampshire's housing and demographic data. The categories are population, housing, commuting, income and employment. Population characteristics include populations by county, and social characteristics, such as educational enrollment. Housing characteristics include rental cost trends and homeowner costs.
- Meeting the Workforce Housing Challenge – A Guidebook for New Hampshire Municipalities
New Hampshire Workforce Housing Council:
- NH Workforce Housing Theory of Change This flow chart outlines the short term, intermediate, and long term outcomes of solutions for workforce housing problems.
- Regional Coalitions and Workforce Coalition Contact Information Contact information for each of the regional coalitions of NH can be found on this web page.
- What does the Workforce Housing law mean? This short document clarifies the Workforce Housing Law, RSA 674:58 to 61, explaining it’s core meaning, the land use board process, appeals, and definitions.
Greater Nashua Workforce Housing Coalition:
- Dispelling myths about Workforce Housing This document, from the Greater Nashua Workforce Housing Coalition, addresses several myths regarding workforce housing and corrects them.
- Housing Commissions: A new voice for housing in your community This document explains what a housing commission is, what purpose it serves, its benefits, and the affordable housing fund associated with it.
Office of Energy and Planning Resource Library:
- Title XVII: Housing and Redevelopment – Chapter 204-C: Housing Finance Authority
- Meeting the Workforce Housing Challenge: A Guidebook for New Hampshire Municipalities – May 2010 OEP Conference - This presentation outlines workforce housing regulations, strategies for compliance, and recommended site plan and subdivision regulation amendments.