Residents of New Hampshire enjoy a high quality of life and abundant natural resources. Over 80% of our land is forested, and we enjoy clean waterways, wetlands, farmland, large forest tracts, mountains, coastal habitats, diverse wildlife populations and special natural features that attract both visitors and residents to our communities.
At the same time, New Hampshire consistently ranks as the fastest-growing state in the Northeast. As our population expands, community volunteers need access to information, agencies, and organizations that can help conserve natural resources and protect our quality of life.
Forests and Trees
Water & Wetlands
NH Department of Environmental Services:
- Drinking Water Source Protection Program
- Shoreland Program
- Water Supply Land Protection Grants
- Wetlands Bureau
- Watershed Management Bureau
- UNH Stormwater Center
- Piscataqua Region Estuaries Partnership (PREP)
- NHDES Coastal Program
- Method for the Inventory and Evaluation of Nontidal Wetlands in New Hampshire (NH Method)