Grant Deadline: January 8, 2016. USDA Rural Development Community Facilities Programs serve non-profits and public bodies located in rural areas of up to 20,000 in population. Use loans and grants to renovate, repair, purchase or construct buildings which house community services. A non-profit or public body may use the loan or grant to purchase equipment, furniture and fixtures for community facilities. Eligible Community Facilities Projects Include:
• Building an assisted living facility, a hospital, health care center, community center or firehouse.
• Renovating a library, a town hall, opera house, museum, working community kitchen, a homeless shelter, or a food pantry. Including renewable energy or energy efficiency upgrades.
• Purchasing education related buildings for schools and colleges.
• Purchasing public safety vehicles and equipment: fire pumper trucks, ambulances, police cruisers, rescue, communications and safety equipment and upgrading equipment.
• Purchasing equipment & office furnishings for child care centers, theatres, museums, health care, and social services.
• Other capital projects carried out by a public body or non-profit which works to support a community service.